The Hyborian world is home to many dangerous people, and none are more savage, ruthless, or dastardly than its pirates, the scourge of the high seas. A menace to civilisation itself, these seagoing bandits have their own ways, customs, and traditions, and Conan the Pirate explores pirates and the pirate world.
Detailed within these pages are the countries up and down the coast of the Western Sea — proud Zingara, wealthy Argos, the western reaches of Shem and Stygia, all the way down to fearsome Kush and the Black Kingdoms — as the setting for pirate-based campaigns.
With this volume, Conan characters can embark on campaigns of piracy, plunder, and high adventure! So, unsheathe your cutlass and ready yourself for a boarding action, to seize plunder and glory for your captain and fellow buccaneers!
- New archetypes such as the Marine, Galley Slave, Merchant Captain, and Smuggler round out the archetypes from the Conan corebook.
- Pirate-themed talents, backgrounds, and gear, allowing you to create your own unique pirate characters, ready to plunder from the wealthy.
- A gazetteer covering the coastal kingdoms that Conan raided during his years as a pirate.
- A guide to running pirate campaigns, with all-new rules for piracy and plunder. Also including pirate events describing what happens between adventures.
- Conan described at the height of his pirate career, along with the crew of the Tigress.
- Statistics for ships, from the Argossean bireme to the Zingaran carrack. Also a ship-to-ship combat system that allows characters to pit their own vessels against their enemies on the high seas.
- Stunning art and maps, produced by world renowned Conan artists.
- Developed with leading Conan scholars, these are the blood-red seas of the Hyborian world, just as Howard created them.
This book requires the Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of corebook to use.