Mysterious, powerful, and usually dangerous, the vast ruins of the prior worlds are the defining feature of the Numenera setting. The secrets and wonders they contain are a siren call to characters from across the Ninth World—and to GMs and gamers drawn in by Numenera’s unique sense of mystery and spectacle. Jade Colossus: Ruins of the Prior Worlds explores in detail one such ruin, and provides in-depth content for creating endless weird and wonderful sites of your own invention. Run an entire campaign around the Jade Colossus, or integrate the site (and the fully realised nearby city of Ballarad) into your existing campaign as the location of one or more exciting adventures.
Run an entire campaign around the Jade Colossus, use the site for one or a handful of adventures in your existing campaign, or use this book to create dozens of other prior-world sites, building an amazing campaign filled with imagination and awe-inspiring adventure.
- The Jade Colossus, a massive prior-world site that emerged recently from the earth. Brave the Yovok Hive, navigate Wranna’s Way, or seek the Canticle at the heart of the Red Labyrinth.
- Ballarad, a prosperous but isolated city partially uprooted by the Colossus. Explore the Mirror Fortress, trade at the Ceaseless Market, or seek information at the Church of the Whisper.
- The Numenera Ruin Mapping Engine, a robust system for generating maps and content for prior-world sites. Expand the uncharted areas in published adventures, make the Jade Colossus even bigger, or create entire new prior world ruins for your campaign, with all the mystery and weirdness of the Ninth World baked right in!
- New character options, including new foci and new organizations, as well as new creatures to encounter.
- Great advice for building new campaigns that make the most of the weird Ninth World setting, as well as for integrating the sites in this book into your ongoing campaign.
Explore a mysterious ruin of the prior worlds—or create an infinite supply of mysterious and wondrous ancient sites for your campaign.