Cogs, Cakes & Swordsticks is a game of steampunk pulp adventure, designed to be played in the comfort of your favourite tea shop with your friends, and requiring nothing more than your imagination, a pen, napkins and a sugar cube (should a six-sided die not be readily forthcoming)*.
This brand spanking new 100 page glossy printed black and white softback edition combines both the core rulebook and the game’s first supplement, plus a little something extra.
Cogs, Cakes & Swordsticks Contents:
- A nice, simple introductory guide to get you playing as quickly as possible. This includes a short adventure with its own pre-generated characters.
- More details on the setting and rules, including how to create characters of your own and how to run a full game of Cogs, Cakes & Swordsticks (with another, bigger adventure set against the backdrop of the British Museum)
- A closer look at Her Majesty’s fantastical flying city HMFSC Atlantis; a marvel of the modern age and the new jewel of the British Empire, which hovers above the Atlantic Ocean like a proud, floating galleon. Well, a gigantic, metal galleon that doesn’t actually go anywhere, but I’m sure you get the general idea
- A feature-length mystery set aboard The Cog (as Atlantis is known to her inhabitants)
- And, for the first time, a selection of historical trailblazers ready for use in your own adventures
So grab the cake of your choice and a piping hot cup of tea, settle down and allow us to welcome you to the Empire of Steam an age of marvellous gizmos and mad inventors, Babbage Engines and flying steamships, dashing heroes and femme fatales, and the odd fiendish villain for good measure. In short: a time of exploration, intrigue and high adventure! We’re glad you could join us.
*Although sugar cubes aren’t actually cube shaped these days. What ever is the world coming to?