The Gates of Antares Starter Set contains everything you need to start gaming including complete tabletop wargame rules army list, battle scenarios and two opposing forces: the Concord and Ghar.
In a war-torn universe advanced human societies are bound in a bitter struggle for control of inter-dimensional gateways between worlds – the Gates of Antares. It is a war fought across a million planets and in the depths of space. It is a war that has raged for thousands of years.
Now it is a war that threatens not just the existence of worlds but the fabric of space-time itself – as a new and terrible discovery reveals the most destructive force ever created – the Xilos Horizon.
The armies of the PanHuman Concord include the most effective weapons, the best equipped troops, and the most advanced fighting drones in all of Antarean space. When the forces of the Concord Combined Command move upon the world of Xilos they are in for a shock – for they have been beaten to it! The world has been occupied by a battlegroup of the brutal Ghar Empire. The Ghar are bio-engineered troopers created in millennia past to fight a war now long forgotten – but unfortunately no one told the Ghar! Implacable and without mercy the Ghar prepare for war – for war is all they know.
Beyond the Gates of Antares is a new science-fiction skirmish wargame that pitches technologically advanced human civilizations into a conflict that no one can afford to lose. The game is rich in detail and extremely ambitious in scope with initial rules and army lists that describe six different Antarean factions: the PanHuman Concord, the Ghar Empire, the Isorian Senatex, the Algoryn Prosperate, the Freeborn Vardos, and the Boromite Guilds. Beyond the Gates of Antares game play makes use of the successful and exciting dice activation system first pioneered in Warlord’s popular Bolt Action WW2 wargame – ensuring that both sides remain active and engaged throughout every game. Resolution is by ten-sided dice offering considerable expansion and great range of detail compared to traditional six-sided dice.
Strike Vector One: The Xilos Horizon is the battle starter set for Beyond the Gates of Antares.
- Launch Edition of the box game contains the hardback rulebook and launch edition miniature, available for a limited time.
- Developed from the award winning Bolt Action game system and dynamic turn system.
- Written by Rick Priestley, creator of Warhammer 40,000
- In depth gaming universe with epic background
- Quality multi pose plastic models within the game with an ever expanding range of plastic, metal and resin models available
- Mature games system, perfect for small skirmish actions through to large scale battles
- Builds on the existing Beyond the Gates of Antares range
- Full colour 260-page hardback rulebook
- Quick reference sheet
- Getting started booklet
- 3 multi-pose plastic Ghar Battle Squad walkers
- 3 multi-pose plastic Ghar Assault Squad walkers
- 20 multi-pose plastic Concord Strike Troopers
- 4 plastic Concord support drones
- 8 plastic spotter drones
- Strike Leader Kai Lek Atastrin metal figure
- 12 order dice
- Ghar distort dice
- 13 Polyhedral dice
- Launch Edition plastic templates and tokens
- 12 red plastic pin markers
Note: Models supplied unassembled and unpainted. Contents may vary from those pictured.
Shiny Games says about the Gates of Antares Starter Set
The hefty box of the Gates of Antares Starter Set gives you everything you need to start playing this excellent game. You’ll have starter forces for two of the central factions. It includes the full hardback rulebook as well as a quick start guide and reference sheets. There’s also all the templates, markers and dice that you need to play. If either of the factions included interest you then this is definitely the best first step into Antares.